Welcome again to the site. There was a problem with my hosting service and my entire site was lost. everything. Well, it’s time to move on.
State of Training
I have been training the barbell squat, deadlift and bench press for over seven plus years now. I’ve hit some decent milestones during this time at DSD under the direction of coach Jaime
- Personal best on squat: 370Ib*1
- Personal best on deadlift: 455Ib*1
- Personal best on bench press: 255Ib*1
- Total: 1,080
Training heavy is fantastic and I’ve been fortunate to not have any major lifting setbacks or injuries. I’m 32 years old, I feel great. I’m the strongest and healthiest I’ve ever been in my life.
But there’s one thing I haven’t achieved thus far…. body fat levels down below 12%- more like 10%. That kind of leanness. Over the last three months, I’ve been logging my food on paper and now mostly with MyFitnessPal app for Android.
My primary goal before anything else is fat loss. Here are a few set of pictures to show my progress over the first two months since I started back in Jan 9, 2016.
Here’s a set of pictures taken late February/early March
Waist seems smaller in these pictures. I’m also leaner in my neck and chest.
At DSD I’ve been following a high volume training protocol plus 2-3 additional interval training sessions per week: stationary bike intervals, hill sprints or rowing machine intervals.
I push to get in about 10,000 steps each day and having Oliver over the last eleven months has helped.
Protein: 1g per Ib of body weight: 187g
- I normally train in the early AM so I’ll have a cup of black coffee and some BCAAs.
- After training I have something quick and easy like protein powder w/water (or 4-5 eggs) and quick oats.
- Lunch is usually a side salad and a soup or slider.
- A tend to save the rest of my carbs for the evening as well as the rest of my protein intake.
- This approach allows me to stay alert and focused while working, studying and simply sitting through classes throughout the day.
Updated pictures of my fat loss progress and some epic training entries.