Body fat test results are encouraging. Pictures are telling. Down to 14.6% from 16% (taken Feb 16) but the picture on the left in both photos was taken in Jan of 2016.
At that point, I was likely greater than 17% body fat and realized I need to focus on one goal. Leaning out. The next step is to get the body fat under 12%.
It doesn’t matter what the actual percentage currently is but what’s important is that I’m going in the right direction.
As someone rightly pointed out, of more importance is how you look and feel not a specific body fat percentage.
I saw the greatest reduction on the skin fold test in my abdominal area which many say is usually the last to go as someone continues to lean out.
How Did I Get Here?
– Starchy carbs only after training sessions and the rest during dinner.
– Veggies; leafy greens usually during lunch.
– Focusing on complete (leaner) protein sources.
– Eating every 3-4 hrs.
– Some meal prep (I could get better at this).
– Only drinking water (no liquid calories; soda, juices & so on).
– Conditioning on non-training days; stationary bike intervals or rowing machine intervals (twice a week). See the research here
– Aiming to hit over 10,000 steps each day.
– Tracking calories (marcos: Carb, Fat & Protein) with MyFitnessPal app on my phone.
– Help and Support of the DSD family.
Where To Go from Here?
The temptation is to think that suddenly I need to make big changes going forward. Is that necessary?
I’ll explore this question and others on how to go forward in a follow up post.